The Community Consultation Groups (CCGs) will be based in the east, central and west of the project, with the aim of enhancing communication both within the community and between the community and the project.
The Community Consultation Groups will:
- Provide a transparent, representative and accessible forum to assist with identification and discussion of issues of community interest related to the project.
- Provide a forum for information about the project to be shared with community representatives and invite feedback and suggestions on a range of project matters.
- Receive briefings on specific local issues, impacts and benefits associated with the project and provide feedback to the project team.
- Increase understanding about the project within the community, capture community feedback and suggestions and help identify and shape future community engagement opportunities.
- Provide advice on potential benefit sharing projects recommended by the community
Those to be considered will:
- Have a clear interest in or connection to the project.
- Bring a broad range of backgrounds and interests in the community, such as in local government, agriculture, environment, business, cultural heritage, transport and emergency services.
- Be able to represent different elements of the community, such as gender, abilities, age, ethnicity and cultural background.
Members will be selected so that the groups are geographically representative, comprise a diverse range of perspectives, demographics and backgrounds, and have strong community connections.
If you are interested in nominating, visit the westvictnp website to complete the CCG Nomination Form.
Terms of Reference
Before you nominate, I would recommend reading the Terms of Reference to understand what you are signing up for.
Community Consultation Groups – Terms of Reference