Trail Hiking Australia (THA) is the largest volunteer-based hiking / bushwalking group in Victoria. THA represents the interests of over 7,000 recreational hikers and regularly takes community members into the Lerderderg State Park to explore its significant features and panoramic views.
We are excited to announce that Trail Hiking Australia has joined the fight to save the Significant Landscape Character of the Lerderderg State Park from the Western Victoria Transmission Network Project (WVTNP). Overhead transmission infrastructure must not be allowed to have this greater impact on the environment, the parks amenity, recreational users and the local community.
About Trail Hiking Australia
Founded in 2015, Trail Hiking Australia’s purpose is to further the development of Australian trails and to increase the awareness of hiking and bushwalking as a major health benefit to all Australians.
Hiking provides a range of benefits including; increasing general fitness, reducing stress, anxiety and depression, trauma rehabilitation, weight loss, heart disease prevention, decreasing cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, improving mental well-being, creating social connections, appreciation for the environment and a range of both tangible physical and mental benefits.
Trail Hiking Australia’s mission is to:
- Encourage the Australian public to take charge of their health through hiking.
- Make it easier for Australian’s and inbound tourists to find quality web-based information on hiking trails.
- Be a central source of information regarding all things hiking including tips, trail information, gear reviews, safety tips and planning advice.
- Connect adventurers with each other and encourage everyone to experience the outdoors.
- Put Australia on the map as a trails destination.
- Provide free information and advice to educate the public on the benefits of hiking, how to get fit for hiking, the skills and gear required for hiking.
- To build a community that supports getting people outdoors and into our natural environment.
Trail Hiking Australia (THA) runs volunteer-based hiking groups in Victoria, Tasmania and Western Australia.
Hiking groups are made up of amazing volunteers across Australia. People who enjoy sharing their passion of the outdoors with others.
THA is dedicated to building a community that supports getting people outdoors and into our natural environment. The variety of activities that THA host aim to make the wild more accessible.
Trail Hiking Australia Membership
Group members are passionate people who view their engagement with the outdoors as a holistic lifestyle choice, more so than a basic form of recreation. They all seek a deeper connection attained through hitting the trail, to the environment, to their community and to their own bodies and minds.
THA broader membership, outside of our clubs, represents in excess of 50,000 members.
Group demographic is broad, aged between 18 and 54 from all walks of life.
Trail Hiking Australia have aligned with Darley Power Fight and have prepared an 8-page brochure that has been sent to AusNet Services and key decision makers. THA seek to be formally recognised and involved as a key member of the Special Interest Stakeholder Group and are calling for the cables to go underground if they have to pass through this region.
It is great to have the support of an addition al 7,000+ community members.
Find our more about Trail Hiking Australia at www.trailhiking.com.au